- This event has passed.
Exhibit: New Views: Home/Place
June 7 - August 8
The GAAC’s annual New Views exhibition focuses on a topical issue of interest and concern to the community. New Views: Home/Place is a juried exhibition of 2D and 3D work that explores home and place identity from fresh, original and unexpected perspectives:
- Places can be located on a map, or in the heart.
- Who lives in your place? Plant, human and other animals, minerals?
- What does it mean to live in-place?
- Home is a real, or imagined structure; or it could be a mythic place. How do you visualize your [real or imagined] “home”? In concrete or abstract terms?
- How do you experience and describe the place in which your [real or imagined] home is located?
- What do home + place mean in a community that has a seasonal identity?
- Is there a map to the [real or imagined] place where you are homed?